Chelmerland Limited was
established in 1983 to provide applied research and communications engineering
consultancy services. Some of our projects are listed below:
- Measurement systems for radio and
TV from VLF to satellite bands.
- A 900/1800MHz antenna tuning unit
design and pre-type approval radiation measurements for a GSM
- A study into the feasibility of
video over IP wireless links for a specialist application.
- 900MHz GSM antenna design and
- 2.4GHz antenna design
- Integration of GSM modems within
customers hand-held terminals
- Preparation and submission for
type approval of an 802.11 WLAN card
- Design of RF modules for a
specialised GSM test set
- Design of a low frequency
- ECM/ESM system & circuit
- Specialised microwave receiver
- Chip and wire hybrid design and
- LF/MF propagation research.
- LF/MF antenna and measurement equipment
research & design.
- In building, propagation research.
- UHF receiver development to
- Analogue signal processing systems and
- Receive only satellite equipment
(C, S and Ku bands).
- Microwave television link, design
- PCN and DECT system
- Project and sub-contractor
- Assistance to test and production
A recent design
A sub-system for a cable TV meter
A design from a few
The board shown is
a 2.4GHz WLAN, PCMCIA sized radio which was designed to operate with the
customer's existing proprietary networking system. This was mainly an RF
project but included an embedded processor for housekeeping and synthesiser
control. This design was completed in 1996.